When it Comes to Monitoring Screen Time for Teens, it’s All About Balance
Kids need to learn the good and bad sides of social media
Apps Mentioned in VideoClick on an app to see more details
OurPact – Parental Control App GPS Family Locator
Family Locator, App Blocking, Screen Time Allowance, Text Blocking & More!500K+ Downloads
Parental Control & Screen Time by Kidslox
Set screen time limits and manage phone use with Kidslox parental control app500K+ Downloads
Table of contents
- 1. The reality of the situation is that kids are going to come into contact with technology one way or another. That means kids will either teach themselves their own standards or parents can step in early and give their children the tools to learn to navigate social media and other types of entertainment screen media. Counselors and parents agree that it takes time, effort, and a strong relationship between the parents and child for that child to learn to safely use technology. Along with those conversations, there are many apps out there that can help parents and teens meet those safety goals.
- 2. A Counselor’s Perspective
- 3. Getting Involved
- 4. The Truth About Social Media
- 5. No Isn’t Always the Best Answer
- 6. Using Technology to Their Advantage
Apps Mentioned in ArticleClick on an app to see more details
About the Appventurer
I am a Midwestern girl, born and raised in Nebraska where my passion for writing and sharing information has been cultivating since I was a little girl.
After going to college in the "big city" of Omaha, I have spent the last 15 years as a writer, copy editor and page designer with a small town newspaper. In that time, I watched, followed and used technology including many apps that help keep my professional and personal lives in check.
When I'm not working in one fashion or another, I am spending time with my husband Tim and our two children Anna and Ben.