Phonics and Reading With McGuffey I
Right away, students are engaged in letter recognition accompanied by charming animations. Phonics Flashcards follow up each lesson. Students learn at a natural pace. New words are introduced right after teaching the individual phonetic components. Student then read complete stories accompanied by the beautiful original color illustrations of Robert Schoolcraft.
Comes with games and exercises including:
• Word Truckin’ - Load up your truck with the right letters, and she’s off!
• Train for Words - The train is coming up the mountain! But it need the right words to keep on chuggin’!
• Phonics Blender - Hear your own word creations with the Phonics Blender! Thousands of fun possibilities!
Other great features:
• Supports up to 10 students, and provides student progress saving and tracking.
• Teaches to visual, kinetic and auditory learners
• Designed for non-readers
• Accelerate students to first-grade reading level
• Includes special font for dyslexic readers
This app is authentic to the original school book, “McGuffey's Eclectic Primer Revised Edition”.
Invest in a reading tutor with infinite patience - “Phonics and Reading with McGuffey”.
Phonics and Reading With McGuffey I
55% reduction in file size
release notes for 5.0
Fixed a critical bug which caused loss of user data when the device memory gets too full.
Now you can back up your student's progress files using iTunes.
Updated Adobe AIR build
Designed now for offline use (saves your data plan and improves latency).
Improved spelling game, now includes more clarity with synonyms. Spelling game also has new hints.
Removed mouth videos.
Fixed a bug where the app would crash if scores are read in a lesson where the previous lesson had no scores.
New Grading System
Optional mouth phoneme videos now normally off
iOS 8 compatibility update
added mouth videos
restored old content
Introducing Nick the Narwhal and friends! He’s your study partner as you learn all kinds of new reading techniques, letters and sounds.
several new grapheme animations
new bonus lesson
Fixed the misplacement of some of the graphemes in the letter sound animations. Sorry about that.
Bug fix related to multiple users
New hard Th letter sound in lesson 2
Soft Th sound now in lesson 30
New record keeping feature: After the user completes a lesson, records for how the student performed can be found in the gear icon that is in the upper right part of the user selector. Press on the gear icon and then press on the students name to get the grades. Only lessons taken after this update will appear in the records.
More memory efficient vector text implemented.
Changed the r sound to be continuously inflected. Recompiled with new SDK. Small graphical improvement to title text.
compiled with new sdk version
phonics flash card overview on lesson 53
• Optional Open Dyslexic font option for dyslexic students.
• table of contents and lesson section jump menu
• improved animations for phonics drill
• improved praise recordings
• student progress overview screen
• iOS 6 compatibility update
• 10x faster loading time
• improved text rendering quality
• animated letters in words
• new integrated help file
• support email links in app
• iPad 3 Retina Display enabled
• The lengthy phonics rules can be individually ignored via a simple interface to control their announcement. As the rule is played a small message shows at the bottom of the screen indicating that the user can skip the current rule announcement.
• Added 3 new graphemes and animations
• Other bug fixes and enhancements
• Link to the free McGuffey's Primer in Color pdf book file in the help tab in the help and support section on the front screen
• made progress during the phonics drill screen more easy to see
• New phonics drill sounds and reward phrases. Sounds can be reverted to the previous version if desired.
• Monochrome mode for letter hi-liter. You can select what color to use with an easy to use color selector.
New user selector screen allows you to manage multiple students each with their own settings.
Default setting for lesson navigator hides the lesson skip arrows for simplicity.
Buttons have text labels and there is a short help intro on the first lesson that explains what the buttons do.
I got rid of the book cross sell button.
I made a couple changes to the letter sound animations.
I fixed a bug in the train word drill screen where there was a long delay in one of the congrats phrases.
60 new letter sound animations complete with sound effects. Some are really cool I think you will agree.
Some minor bug fixes
added settings options
improvements to phonics blender
improvements to sight word driller