AppGrooves finds and reviews the Best Apps & Games from 600+ life goal categories. Learn more.
Headspace: Meditation & Sleep
Start your mindfulness journey with a few minutes of a simple breathing exercise
- #2 in Best Meditation Apps
- Editor's Choice
- Feature Rich
- In App Purchases
Videos And Screenshots
Headspace is your personal guide to health and happiness. It can help you focus, breathe, stay calm, and create the conditions for a better night’s sleep by practicing meditation and mindfulness. When you need some stress relief or lessons on creating a better sleep cycle, Headspace can help. Just download this free meditation, mindfulness, sleep app, then sit back and breathe to relax.
What this meditation and sleep app does
The Headspace meditation app teaches you how to breathe, meditate, and live mindfully. There are exercises on everything from managing anxiety to stress relief to breathing, happiness, calm, and focus. Even if you’ve never meditated before, the free Basics course will teach you the essentials of meditation and mindfulness.
In the Sleep by Headspace experience, you’ll find sleep meditations, relaxing sleep music, and sleepcasts to guide you to a place of rest. Sleep by Headspace was built around the needs of restless sleepers — the screen is darker and buttons are easy to find. Use it if you have trouble falling asleep or problems with your sleep cycle.
What themes the meditations cover
Courses: Each course has a series of guided meditations designed to help you skillfully manage various topics and form healthy habits. Learn techniques to control how you breathe, deal with feelings of anxiety, get some stress relief when you’re being hard on yourself, or relax your mind during a stressful day.
○ Stress & anxiety relief meditation: Managing Anxiety, Letting Go of Stress, Restlessness, Navigating Change
○ Falling asleep & waking up meditation sounds: Sleep, Restlessness
○ Personal growth meditation: Relationships, Self-Esteem, Kindness, Happiness, Acceptance, Appreciation, Balance, Patience, Generosity
○ Work & productivity meditation timer: Finding Focus, Prioritization, Productivity, Creativity
○ Life challenges meditation: Transforming Anger, Handling Sadness, Dealing With Regret, Self-Esteem, Grieving
○ Movement & sport meditation: Motivation, Focus, Training, Competition, Communication, Analysis, Recovery, Rehab, Concentration
○ Physical health mindfulness training: Mindful Eating, Coping With Cravings, Pain Management, Pregnancy, Coping With Cancer
○ Student guided meditation: Dealing with Distractions, Leaving Home
Sleep by Headspace:
Create the best possible conditions for restful nights. Includes:
○ Sleepcasts – add a little happily-ever-after to your bedtime routine with these guided meditation paired with relaxing sounds for sleeping
○ Sleep music – create the perfect atmosphere to relax and sleep with sleep meditation music and sleep stories
○ Wind downs – guided exercises to prepare mind and body for sleep
Headspace Guided Meditation for Kids: designed for younger meditators. Topics include: Sleep, Wake Up, Calm, Paying Attention, and more.
Subscription of Headspace Plus
Subscribe to Headspace Plus and get access to the complete Headspace Library, which has hundreds of guided meditations, mindfulness training and breathing exercises to help you meditate anywhere, anytime.
○ Over 40 courses on themed meditations for specific topics like stress and sleep
○ Dozens of one-off exercises designed to add more mindfulness to your day
○ Super-short mini meditations you can do anytime. Great for busy schedules.
○ Sleep by Headspace helps ease the mind into a truly restful night’s sleep
Get more from your day through mindfulness, be less distracted and reactive, and focus on the things that matter most to you. The Basics course is completely free and will teach you the fundamental techniques of meditation and mindfulness. After that, by subscription, gain access to the full Headspace meditation library. Train your mind with guided meditations on everything from managing stress and anxiety, to getting a better night’s rest, to relationships. Bring more awareness to daily activities through on-the-go exercises, and use SOS sessions to skillfully manage moments of panic or anxiety. Get the rest you deserve at night with the help of Sleep by Headspace, which includes sleepcasts and sleep sounds. The Headspace animation library is full of tips and helpful wisdom to keep your practice on track, and you can even add friends to keep each other motivated.
WHAT THIS MEDITATION AND SLEEP APP DOES:
Headspace teaches you how to meditate, breathe, and live mindfully. It’s even been proven to improve focus. There are exercises on topics including managing anxiety, stress relief, breathing, happiness, and focus. Don’t worry if you’ve never meditated before. There’s a free Basics course that will teach you the essentials of meditation and mindfulness.
As part of the Sleep by Headspace experience, there are sleep meditations, sleep sounds, and specially-designed sleepcasts to guide you to a place of rest. Sleep by Headspace was built around the needs of restless sleepers so the screen is darker and the buttons are easy to find. After all, no one wants to look at a bright screen at night. It’s perfect whether you have trouble falling asleep, or you wake up in the middle of the night.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- Hundreds of guided meditations on subjects like focus, exercise, and sleep
- Sleep by Headspace to help you drift off
- Everyday Headspace: daily meditations on a new topic each day
- “Mindful Moments” to keep you present throughout the day
- 2-3 minute “mini meditations” for a quick mental reset
- “SOS” sessions for moments of panic, anxiety, and stress
- Headspace animations to teach you new skills and answer your mindfulness questions
- Track your progress and time spent meditating
- Add Mindful Minutes to Apple Health
- Buddy up and add your friends to meditate with you
- Guided meditations and mindfulness exercises for Kids with sessions on Kindness, Calm, and Focus
- Training led by former monk and renowned mindfulness expert Andy Puddicombe
SUBSCRIPTION PRICING AND TERMS
Headspace offers two auto-renewing subscription options:
$12.00 per month
$69.99 per year (that's less than $5.99 a month)
These prices are for United States customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country of residence.
The subscription will automatically renew unless turned off in your iTunes Account Settings at least 24 hours before current period ends. You can go to your iTunes Account settings to manage your subscription and turn off auto-renew. Your iTunes Account will be charged when the purchase is confirmed. If you subscribe before your free trial ends, the rest of your free trial period will be forfeited as soon as your purchase is confirmed.
Headspace integrates with the Apple Health app.
Read the terms and conditions here -
AppGrooves is your all-inclusive guide to the newest, hottest apps and games