The hangman is a classic game and you must guess a word by choosing the letters.More about this app
The hangman, is a classic game in which you will have to guess a word by selecting the letters that you think may be included in the mystery word.
After pressing the start button a mystery word will be considered for you to guess. For each character of the mystery word a star is shown on the screen, so you can know the number of characters to guess. For example you will see **** for the word GAME!
You have to guess the characters one by one and press the check letter to see if you’ve guessed right. Do this to find all of the correct letters; then when you think you know the whole word write it and press check word.
BUT be careful! You only have ten chances to choose, otherwise you will lose the game.
Pay attention to the left side of the hanged man. You will see all the characters that you have guessed. They will appear there to help you not to repeat them; correct characters are typed in green where the wrong characters are typed in red.
For each mistake that you make, the figure of a stick man will be formed: first the gallows, then the head, the body and, finally, the arms and legs. Guess the word before the gallows is complete.
Hint: use the vowels first, since there are more chances to guess a secret letter (a, e, i, o, u ... etc.).
- For all ages.
- About 11000 of words
- Learn vocabulary and words in English language
- Simple and fun game
- Completely free
- Attractive and colorful design
- Possibility to enable or disable the sound.
I am an individual developer, highly motivated to build new applications and games. If you have any ideas let me know by emailing me and I will help you to build your idea and to publish it.
I hope you like playing with HANGMAN. If you have any feedback please let me know. I would like to hear from you and improve the app.
Unlike other versions of Hangman, this one gives the player a few more guesses by building up the gallows as the player guesses, instead of having them pre-built.
Two player mode allows you and a friend to play. One person enters a word and the other tries to guess it.
Purchase more wordlists to play with from within the app.
Define a word if you don't understand it, and help yourself or your children learn new words.
Keep track of your wins / losses, and how many games you've played and earn achievements with Game Center.
Hangman includes small, unobtrusive ads to help keep it free. Advertising can be removed for a small one-time fee. Even if you remove Hangman and download it again in the future you can restore your purchases for no extra cost and remove advertising again.
Hangman will connect to the internet once, each time the game is run, in order to download it's advert, which is very very small and will take less than a second. Hangman will also need internet access if you choose to "define a word". Defining words is entirely optional.
- Fix for the "white screen" bug. If you still see this issue, please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bug fixes and support for iOS 9.
Really, really fixed the zero words bug this time.
- Fixes the bug where 0 words were shown for the 'All Words' list.
- Added colour themes, allowing you to pick which colours are used in the UI. There is a black-on-white option which may be suitable for vision-impaired people.
- Guessed letters now correctly show their result (correct guess / incorrect guess)
- The word to be guessed now fits correctly when long words are used
- All new design to fit in with iOS 7 and onwards
- Simplified UI
- Minor updates to the Hangman store
- Fixed and issue where a purchased word list would be duplicated after downloading an updated version of a purchased wordlist
- Small UI Tweaks within the Hangman Store
- American Football Teams wordlist has been updated. "Washington Readheads" has been corrected to "Washington Redskins" and "San Francisco 49ers" has been changed to "San Francisco Forty Niners" allowing it to be completed in Hangman (free update downloadable from the Hangman Store)
- Fixed a crash that would occur when running Hangman on an iPad and trying to open the In App Store.
- Replaced the old dictionary system with a new one, with much better word definitions and support for plural words.
- Added sounds when a letter is guessed to indicate a correct or incorrect guess. Turn them on or off in the 'About' section.
- Resolved issues involved with purchasing the US Presidents word list.
- Other minor bug fixes
- In app purchases!
-- Purchase and download entirely new wordlists to play with!
-- Earn Achievements while you play!
- Select a difficulty from easy, medium and hard. Difficulty level changes how many guesses you have to complete the word.
- Fixed some small bugs
- Spelling Corrections
- Back to using Google for word definitions
- Optimised for Retina Display on iPhone 4
- Optimised for iOS 4 and fast app switching
- New Statistics feature - track how many games you've played and how many you've won or lost!
- Minor bug fixes to prevent crashing
- A few spelling corrections, thanks to the people who reported them!
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when leaving the "Define" view.
- Moved the letters up from the toolbar a few points to help prevent accidental presses of the New Game and Menu buttons.
- Changed the Define functionality to use Dictionary.com. Google's word definition feature doesn't seem to working through it's mobile site anymore...
- Changed the two-player word input field to not be "secure". The word is now visible instead of being obscured like a password.