AppGrooves finds and reviews the Best Apps & Games from 600+ life goal categories. Learn more.
GG Relationship Doubt & Obsessions (ROCD)
Manage relationship OCD, reduce obsession, doubts & fears - quick daily training
- Featured as "Top Free" in Medical
- In App Purchases
Videos And Screenshots
Feel like you're missing out on the perfect relationship? Finding it hard to commit? Experiencing constant doubts? Suffering from obsessive thinking? Want to expand your mind and make it more adaptive? GGRO is here to help!
RELIEVING OBSESSIVE THINKING IS POSSIBLE
Throw away negative thoughts. Approach positive ones. Learn to identify your inner self talk and respond quickly. Train daily and improve your wellness.
New findings support the effectiveness of the core mechanism used in GG apps.
According to CBT models, negative self talk – individuals’ ongoing interpretations of the self, others and the world - maintain psychological difficulties such as low self esteem, mood, obsessive, ROCD and maladaptive thinking.
HOW DO I MANAGE MY ROCD?
The foundations of a healthy mind are built upon flexible beliefs. Our beliefs have the potential to bias and affect our ability to deal with daily situations. For example, if I believe that “my partner has to be perfect” or “I have to be 100% certain about my partner“ - I won't be able to live up to these expectations and my ability to deal with relationships will decrease.
BELIEFS AND SELF TALK
Beliefs and self talk are interrelated. Once we learn to embrace healthier and more adaptive self talk, it can change our beliefs and help us get rid of the ones that negatively affect our well being.
HOW GG APPS WORK
The application is designed to:
1. Increase your awareness of negative and obsessive thoughts.
2. Train you to identify and challenge negative thoughts.
3. Increase your access to neutral, adaptive and positive thoughts.
4. Increase the accessibility of the above processes.
5. Provide daily mood and self esteem boost.
IS THIS APP SIMILAR TO PSYCHOLOGICAL THERAPY?
Our app platform is not designed to be used as a therapy or treatment, however:
1. It is being used by CBT therapists as a complementing tool.
2. It helps in maintaining healthy thinking during or after therapy.
3. It is found to relieve symptoms of anxiety, worries, obsessions and relationship OCD.
TRAIN YOUR THOUGHTS
The basic task in the app is simple - you will be presented with thoughts. If the thought promotes negative self talk - throw it away by dragging it on-screen. If the thought promotes positive or neutral thinking, accept it by dragging it towards you.
The longer we train making it a habit, the more automatic this process becomes.
HOW MUCH SHOULD I TRAIN EACH DAY?
To feel better and improve your mind’s flexibility, start today! We believe apps allow us to learn and train quickly and effectively. GG Apps are designed to be most effective in short training sessions. You are advised to complete up to 3 levels per day, which should only take between 2-4 minutes.
LEVELS AND TOPICS
The app's many topics and themes are broken down into more than 40 levels. Each level has a pool of self talk statements (or thoughts). Users are required to complete a random set of 'blocks' to complete the level.
The topics include: self esteem, belief in change, self criticism, negative thinking, coping, positive boost, comparing, perfectionism, embarrassment, uncertainty, commitment anxiety, social fears, self as an object, danger and threat, distrust, fear of abandonment, and more.
Training using this application, allows for gradual, steady learning of more adaptive self-talk thereby helping to break the vicious thought cycle of obsessive thinking.
WHAT IF I COMPLETED ALL THE LEVELS?
The key to using the app is learning new topics, but even more importantly - training daily. There are levels designed as "daily training" for you to play once you completed your base course.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE FACTS BEHIND GG APPS
Visit our website: http://ggapps.net
OTHER APPS BY GG
GG OCD Training App
GG Body Image Distress & Preoccupation
GG Confidence & Self esteem
GG RO: Relationship doubt and obsession is the first of a series of apps we're launching on a new and exciting platform named GG Apps.
- 15 free levels to learn, understand and improve.
- 1 free daily training level.
- In total, 45 levels including topics such as doubt, uncertainty, regret and other relationship related statements.
The app has two main types of audiences:
1. People who suffer from relationship obsession (ROCD) and would like to improve their condition by training daily.
2. People who are in relationships, want to be in a relationship, would like to improve their understanding of relationship related fears, doubts and obsession.
Group 1 will benefit from using the app as a therapy assisting tool. It can provide users with more information about their condition, as well as better understanding of how other people who suffer from similar doubts think and feel. Daily training can benefit by enhancing people's ability to identify and respond to self-talk.
Group 2 can use the app to better understand the various types of relationship related self-talk we all experience daily. By discovery and training, we can all be better at how we analyse and respond to conflicts, situations and thoughts.
IN-APP PURCHASE INFORMATION
The app includes 15 free levels for training on some of the basic topics. The rest of the levels (over 30) can be accessed with a purchase. There are 2 purchase options:
1. AUTO RENEWABLE SUBSCRIPTION
For US$4.99 a month, you can train as long as you find the app useful.
2. PERMANENT SUBSCRIPTION
Pay once to unlock all content forever (including upcoming expansions and additional levels).
- New content will be added on a monthly basis, including levels covering seasonal and new topics (for example, Valentine Day special)
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Cancellation takes effect starting from the next period.
According to Associate Professor Guy Doron and his colleague Gur Ilany, the application developed (named ‘GG Relationship’) was especially designed for dealing with relationship doubts and fears. The application is based on the principles of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) - one of the most research-supported psychological therapies.
According to CBT models, negative self-talk – individuals’ ongoing interpretations of the self, others and the world – maintain psychological difficulties such as obsessive preoccupation, low mood, and maladaptive behaviors. In ROCD, for instance, individuals negative self-talk often relates to fear of being in the wrong relationships or/and missing the ‘right’ relationship. Such negative self-talk, of course, ultimately increases relationship doubts/fears, intensifies negative mood and often provokes relationship conflict.
Training using this application will hopefully allow for gradual, steady learning of more positive self-talk thereby helping to break the vicious thought cycle maintaining relationship doubts and preoccupations.
AppGrooves is your all-inclusive guide to the newest, hottest apps and games