AppGrooves finds and reviews the Best Apps & Games from 600+ life goal categories. Learn more.
College Football Coach
Recruit. Strategize. Win.
- 87% positive reviews
- Editor's Choice
Videos And Screenshots
Take control of your own college football program and bring it to glory!
In College Football Coach, you play the newly-hired head coach at your college of choice. As head coach, it will be your responsibility to manage your team's strategy, play through seasons, recruit new players, and above all, win national championships.
Playing a Season: Your team will play 12 games in the regular season, which consist of playing all 9 of your conference opponents once and three out-of-conference games. The most important game of the regular season is your rivalry game: winning it will net you more program prestige points, while losing it will cost you some points.
At the end of the regular season, the Conference Championship is played between the two teams with the best in-conference record. If two teams have the same record, a head-to-head tiebreaker is used. If three or more teams have the same record, the one with the highest poll ranking is chosen. After the Conference Championships, Bowl Games are played. Only the top 72 teams get chosen for a bowl, with the most important being the National Semifinals between the #1 and #4 team, and the #2 and #3 team. The winner of these two games advance to the National Championship where an undisputed champion is crowned.
After the season, your team will gain or lose prestige based on their results versus their expectations.
Rankings: As your team plays through the season, pollsters will determine how good (or bad) your team is compared to others. This "poll ranking" is determined by wins, margin of victory, strength of schedule, and more, and determines who gets into a bowl game and the semifinals.
Roster: When you start your career, you'll inherit a roster of 48 players (23 starters), broken down by position like so:
* 2 Quarterbacks (1 starter)
* 4 Running Backs (2 starters)
* 6 Wide Receivers (2 starters)
* 2 Tight Ends (1 starter)
* 10 Offensive Linemen (5 starters)
* 8 Defensive Linemen (4 starters)
* 6 Linebackers (3 starters)
* 6 Cornerbacks (3 starters)
* 2 Safeties (1 starter)
* 2 Kickers (1 starter)
Playbooks: As a coach, you can pick what playbooks your team employs on offense and defense throughout the season. Among what's offered on offense:
* Balanced: a standard pro-style offense with equal emphasis on passing and running.
* Smashmouth: a conservative, run-heavy offense.
* West Coast: a dink-and-dunk passing game that uses short, accurate passes to set up the run game.
* Spread: a pass-heavy offense that focuses on big plays but runs the risk of turnovers.
* Read Option: an offense that relies heavily on option reads based on coverage and LB positioning.
* Run-Pass Option: Play an offense relying on option reads for running and passing plays based on coverage and LB positioning.
On defense, coaches can choose from the following philosophies:
* 4-3 Man: a standard 4-3 man-to-man balanced defense.
* 4-6 Bear: a defense focused on stopping the run that will not allow yards and big plays on the ground, but may give up big passing plays.
* Cover 2: a zone defense with safety help in the back against the pass and LBs that stay home to cover the run.
* Cover 3: a zone defense that will stop big passing plays, but may allow short gains underneath.
Recruiting: As coach, you are responsible for recruiting the next class of players that will lead your team to bigger and better wins. You'll recruit against teams across the country for the same players, and your program's prestige will affect how good the players available to you are. Stronger teams will be able to recruit higher-quality players, while weaker teams will need to recruit strategically in order to build up their programs.
Establish your own college football dynasty - play College Football Coach today!
Visit Football Coach on Reddit at https://reddit.com/r/FootballCoach!
AppGrooves is your all-inclusive guide to the newest, hottest apps and games